JUNIOR CULINARY GRADES 1-8 – SECTION 25
Convenor: Samantha Gibson, 519-327-9595
- No commercial mixes allowed.
- Grades and ages as of January 1, 2020
- No entry fee
- All work must be done by the child unless noted otherwise
- Only one entry per class per exhibitor
- Child may exhibit in only 1 age group. Mark age on entry tag. Please use 2 entry tags/entry.
- Only one serving size piece/exhibit will be kept for display & for health concerns. The remaining pie, etc. must be picked up between 6 pm-7 pm on Friday evening.
- The rule excludes retained specials and cakes and items judged on decoration.
- Unclaimed Items will be disposed of due to health concerns.
- Cakes may be left in pan or placed on a foil covered cardboard. No commercial mixes, pastries fillings or 7 minute frostings to be used.
- Bread in plastic bags; cookies, squares, candy, muffins etc… on a small disposable plates.
- No warm baking
- The Harriston-Minto Agriculture Society secretary may substitute prizes, if necessary.
Note: Junior & Children Sections prize money may be picked up after 4 pm Saturday or Sunday at fair office.
Entries may be made Thursday between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. or Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Entries must be picked up Sunday between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm
Prizes: $4.00, $3.50, $3.00, $2.50 – Unless Otherwise Noted
BREADS, BISCUITS & MUFFINS
- White Bread (1 Loaf)
- Quick Breads (1 Loaf) Label kind eg banana bread, zucchini bread
- Tea Biscuits (5)
KRISTA THOMPSON SPECIAL
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (5)
Prize: 1st $5.00, 2nd $4.00, 3rd $3.00
COOKIES & SQUARES
- Sugar Cookies (3)
All decorated differently, judged on bake & decorating
- Rice Krispie Treats (3)
Min. 2″ square
- Monster Cookies (3)
OAAS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SPECIAL
- Plain Cookies (8), No Nuts
Please Read Carefully. Open to youth up to age 15 (as of December 31, 2019), Cookies must be no larger than 6.75 cm (3″) no smaller than 5 cm (2″). Winner eligible for District competition. District entry must consist of 8 cookies displayed on clean sturdy plate (no paper plates) inside a clear plastic bag. Name & address using entry tag provided. District winner eligible for provincial competition. In the case where the district winner is unable to send an entry to the convention, then 2nd place District winner will be eligible to enter.
Prizes: 1st $5.00, 2nd $4.00, 3rd $3.00
Provincial Prize Money 1st $20, 2nd $15, 3rd $10 with 12 additionalprizes of $5.
SAMANTHA GIBSON COOKIE SPECIAL
- Chocolate Haystacks (12)
First Prize Retained By Sponsor
Prizes: $10.00, $5.00, $3.00
ROBIN HOOD FLOUR SPECIAL
- Lunch Box Snack (1)
Squares, bars or cookies-all homemade Open to ages 12 & under as of December 31, 2019. Judged on appearance, taste, texture & creativity. Please mark age on entry tag.
Prizes: 1st $25.00, 2nd $10.00, 3rd $5.00, 4th $4.00 (3rd & 4th prizes donated by Harriston-Minto Ag Society)
- Chocolate Cake (1), Iced
- Themed Cake (1)
Pick a theme or celebration, decorate it as to the theme. Judged on bake & decor – eg birthday cake, Christmas cake. Label entry tag with theme
- Cake Pops (6), Covered & Decorated
Judged on bake & decoration
HOMECRAFT PRESIDENTS SPECIAL
Decorated with the 161st fair theme. Judged on decoration only.
Prizes: 1st $15.00, 2nd $10.00, 3rd $5.00
- Fruit Pie (1), Crumble Top
- Fruit Pie (1), Lattice Top
- Cream Pie (1), of Your Choice
- Hand Pie (1) With Any Filling of Choice
- Raisin Butter Tarts (3)
- Plain Butter Tarts (3)
- Tarts (3), Any Other Kind
- Candy Kabob (1)
Judged on Decor & Construction
Any Kind, Labelled
- Chocolate Bark (6 pieces)
Any Ingredients, Labelled
- Apple Sauce (1 small jar/container)
Snap Lids Accepted
- Canning (1 jar)
Any item, Snap Lids Accepted
- Bits & Bites (1 cup)
In a Plastic Bag