Home Brewing – Section 18
Convenor: Raechel Weed
Director: Shannon Burrows
- All general rules of Harriston-Minto Fall Fair apply
- All work must be that of the exhibitor
- Exhibitors must enter 2 bottles per class – 1 for judging and 1 for display
- All bottles are to be clear of labels and distinguishing marks
- Bottles must be presented in 700-750 ml bottles, corked or screw top bottles
- All exhibits must have securely tied to each container, a completed entry tag appropriate for the category.
- All wines will be judged on their own merits, using a standard 20 point tasting score card
- The competition is open to amateur wine makers only.
- Wines will be judged at room temperature. All entries must be received by Thursday Sept 12th evening to ensure even temperatures of all entries. No entries will be accepted on the Friday of the fair.
Rosettes will be awarded to winners with in each class provided they achieve high enough score and deemed deserving by the judges. Scores per entry will determine standings in each class. Classes may be adjusted by judges depending on number of entries.
Only one serving size per each entry will be judged (from 1 bottle) and the remaining will be disposed of due for health concerns.
Best of show and overall winners will be asked to donate 1st place bottle to auction
Entries may be made Thursday between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m..
Entries must be picked up Sunday between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm
Prizes: $35, $10, $5 – Unless otherwise noted
JUICE OR KITS/CONCENTRATES
- White wine, dry
- Red wine, dry
- Rose/blush, dry
- White wine, sweet
- Red wine, sweet
- Rose/blush, sweet
- Open class, any other wine
- Judges’s choice – design a label
Label to be displayed on a clean empty wine bottle. Ballots will be available at the wine display.
- Overall winner