JUNIOR CULINARY, AGE 6 & UNDER – SECTION 24
Convener: Samantha Gibson 519-327-9595
- No commercial mixes allowed.
- Grades and ages as of January 1, 2022
- No entry fee
- All work must be done by the child unless noted otherwise
- Only one entry per class per exhibitor
- Child may exhibit only in 1 age group. Mark age on entry tag. Please use 2 entry tags per entry.
- Only one serving size piece/exhibit will be kept for display & for health concerns. The remaining pie, etc. must be picked up between 6 pm-7 pm on Friday evening.
- The rule excludes retained specials and cakes and items judged on decoration.
- Unclaimed Items will be disposed of due to health concerns.
- Cakes may be left in pan or placed on a foil covered cardboard. No commercial mixes, pastries fillings or 7 minute frostings to be used.
- Bread in plastic bags; cookies, squares, candy, muffins etc. on a small disposable plates.
- No warm baking
- The Harriston-Minto Agriculture Society secretary may substitute prizes, if necessary.
Note: Junior & Children Sections: Prize money may be picked up after 4 pm Saturday or Sunday at fair office.
Entries may be made Thursday between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. or Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Entries must be picked up Sunday between 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm
Prizes: $4.00, $3.50, $3.00, $2.50 – Unless Otherwise Noted
- Cupcakes Decorated (2)
Mom & Dad help bake
- Decorate a Hard Boiled Egg
- Make an Open Face Sandwich
Decorate it using the ingredients (wrapped)
UNDER 6 SPECIAL
- Homemade Playdough (1 Small Container)
Judged on Smell & Preparation (Texture, Consistency, Etc)
Prizes: 1st $5.00, 2nd $4.00, 3rd $3.00